Sunday, August 30, 2015

Kempegowda Museum (1300 AD - 1800 AD) MG Road

Southerly view of Bangalore, by Claude Martin, 18th century

Fabulous old red building, with old pictures, maps, drawings of Bangalore starting from the 18th century, dedicated to Kempegowda, the chieftain who founded Bangalore. In the Mayo Hall compound, right next to the Public Utility Building.

Open 10.30 to 4.30 every day, except on Sundays, second Saturdays and public holidays.


Map of Bangalore, 18th century

The museum, from the outside:

No comments:

Post a Comment