|Idli & Vada, South Indian Breakfast at Konark|
If you are coming to visit Central and South Bangalore, here are some safe options in Central Bangalore where you can stop for breafkast/lunch/dinner.
Near MG Road
- Indian [Khansama, Rajdhani [veg]], European, and Japanese restaurants at UB City Mall, has a nice open-air restaurant area with an amphitheatre.
- Konark Vegetarian restaurant, Residency road [Old place, good for local breakfast and snacks, like idli, dosa etc]
- Koshy’s, St, Mark’s road [Old Bangalore landmark with photos of old Bangalore, great fish curry and rice, fish and prawn biriyani, potato smileys and beer] [080 22915840, 080 22213793]
- Hard Rock Cafe, right next to Koshy's, St. Mark's road
- Coconut Grove, Church Street [Coastal cuisine from the West coast, Kerala. 080 25596262]
- The Biere Club, microbrewery near UB City Mall, Vittal Mallya road, 080 42124383,080 42124384
- Ballal Residency, Residency Road, near Brigade Road [Great breakfast place, for South Indian breakfast. Parking available]
On the way from Outer Ring Road to MG Road.
- Toit Microbrewery [good food too], 100 feet road, near CMH Road junction,+91 9019713388, +91 9019813388
Commercial Street, near MG Road
Old shopping area, lots of Indian clothes, jewelry, crafts
Cauvery Emporium, MG Road [for local Sandalwood and other handicrafts, original stuff. Open on Sundays too, 10 AM]